Am I a Writer ??  

Posted in


The question kept splashing in my mind very eloquently… And even for a moment I believed ‘yes’ I am. But then something shook my convictions and I was dropped in an endless rambling thoughts!
What have I actually done to be called as a Writer?
Must I actually earn a living by writing to declare myself a writer? If that’s the case, then I am not a writer. Must win a contest? I have not done that also and really nothing that I would say, allows me to call myself a writer. Must I be published? I actually have not been published yet… not even for an extremely small time. Still, nothing to merit the title of “author” or a “write” in any case. Guess that was the reason I went out sight for so long.

Does writing a blog allow me to claim the title of writer? I do write often. But then again, anyone can start a blog and type random letters on it and push publish. Does readership of the blog make me a writer?

I don’t possess any particular skills, just a simplistic yet deep love for the written word. Not just words, but the conveyance of emotion in words. The types of words that make you laugh, cry, or really ponder long after you’ve read them.

I pick my pen or move my fingers on keyboard to express the deepest of me; indeed it unwinds my soul and rejuvenates me each time I write.

See, I’m obviously, not successful as often as I’d like. However, does that make me less of a writer? I think being a writer is what is felt in the heart. Somewhere deep in me there’s a spark which makes me believe so at times. And if indeed, that is the case, then I am a writer.

I sense the answer to my question “Am I a writer?” lies within my heart. And reader you know what, my heart always answers for all my baffling hitches... So, if you’ve pondered that question, I urge not to look any further than inside your heart.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 4:39 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

5 comments

A month back, I had my doubts on the same question. I love writing and maintain a Blog. But I was going through a Writer's Block from past 3-4 months. Its a very long time for someone who updates/posts on her Blog almost daily.

I am still not through with it... But gradually I have started realizing that it's just a block. It too shall pass.

I personally believe, that everyone is a writer. When we write, we speak our heart out. And the language of heart is the most beautiful language. When we write something with we feelings, we manage to express it the best.

Glad to know that you found yourself finally.
Happy realization :)

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 5:03:00 PM GMT+5:30
Anonymous  

you cant's judge weather you are a writer or not?
just leave the decision on your followers!!!

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 5:03:00 PM GMT+5:30

ofcourse u r bro. nvr doubt me atleast, I mean I believe u r a writer. so dont doubt me okay...............

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 at 5:04:00 PM GMT+5:30

a wonderful writer u've always been! glad to see ur post aftr a long time!

Thursday, December 9, 2010 at 10:38:00 PM GMT+5:30
Lucky  

true....the answers that v tend to seek outside....find in others....r usually found lying sumwher in d deep interiors of our hearts.....
they jus need to b searched wid a bit more dedication.....
glad to see u back....
:D

Monday, December 13, 2010 at 8:36:00 PM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment