Sports and Me  

Posted in

“I don't know anything that builds the will to win better than competitive sports.”

-Richard M. Nixon quotes (American 37th US President )

We keep hearing such things about sports and there could not be any denial to this obvious fact that sports do play a very important part in our lives. Frankly speaking, I sometimes feel envious when I see my friends and known out there in fields playing various games and all I do is cheer them (of course cheering plays an equally important role in any game too...or at least that’s what I think!). That adrenaline rush when you are so close to your target, the way you tackle the obstacles, the heart pumping moments when one tiny action could change the course of the game…all these things are seriously easier written than experienced! For someone like me who hasn’t been lucky enough to be an active part of any outdoor sport as such (i still wonder why?), being a spectator to any electrifying game is a privilege indeed! Basketball in school, football and badminton in college, and cricket throughout…these are the games that i have been (and I am) growing up with, like most of us do. Some of my friends (the very few who aren’t interested in any kind of sport) sometimes question about my weird interest in sports (weird, since I’m never seen playing any of them), and honestly, I still don’t have an answer to that. Neither do I have an answer to my own questions about why did I never take the initiative of participating in sports. Why did I never force myself into playing the games that I love to watch?

Ah, those questions keep coming in my mind every now and then, especially after watching some game (I just got back from watching one of the APL league matches :P). But there is one request that I would like to put forward to everyone who reads this (and if possible, even those who don’t): Try to get into any sport that you can. I am not going to blabber about the benefits it has (you have your fitness magazines to fill that space), but all that I want to say is that give yourself a chance to feel those heart pumping moments..the zest, the enthusiasm, the competitiveness, the passion to win, the urge to finish it till the end, the desperation to win the game…believe me friends these are some of those precious things that cannot be replaced by any anything else.

(ouch, did I become Aunt Martha this time? Gosh, I sound like that Granny who sits by the window and advices her grandchildren about various stuff :P) hehe…sorry, but I guess the APL here has that effect…

So, till I meet you all next time, keep smiling and stay fit. With a ‘tata bye bye’ to the winters (Winterji, we’re done bearing u!), a smiling bye to you all as well! :)

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 9:24 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Great !

Monday, January 31, 2011 at 1:04:00 AM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment