Summers and Me  

Posted in


Phew!!! Its mid-April and my gosh the sun is blazing already!! I mean, I was still cherishing the sweet winter when all of a sudden the hot dry winds got me back into the present!!!! Summers are back, and this time, even stronger than before!! Sweaters have been replaced by sweaty shirts; coolers and AC’s are already working 24/7; and all of us are fervently praying for the weather to cool down a bit! This has been the scene of our campus for the past month; all of us here are dreading the worst part of the season already!!!
With our final semester exams approaching, it is getting a little difficult to ignore the heat and focus completely on studying. At least this is what my friends and I were going through, so we thought of getting a cooler this weekend to kill the heat in our rooms. So we went, in the blazing hot afternoon to the city and believe me, those 3 hours in the market were nothing less than the torture!! The heat was so intense, that even getting into malls gave only a temporary relief!!! To add to the worries selecting the best amongst so many was another difficult task to do! Thank god I had my friends along who helped me to pick the better than the best; else I would have literally melted down in the market itself!! Of course I am much happier now; sitting in front of the cooler is what I call heaven during summers!!!
And I honestly think that this season is much more fun-filled, especially during exam time! Staying awake the whole night, going for a shower for like 2-3 times a day, water fights all through the corridors, soaking ourselves in ice cold water and then catch cold.  Summers do bring life in the hostel!!! Perhaps that is why I like the even semesters here...and though it is my second experience only, but still I prefer giving my exams in a playful mood rather than in a shivering mode (as it happened in the 3rd semester finals!!! What your opinion???
So before I sign off, heres hope that you don't get barbecued in the scorching summers!!! Take good care of yourselves, and good luck for the exams.... (Wish me luck too!!)

This entry was posted on Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

7 comments

ARYAN  

ALL THE BEST SUPRIYA!!!

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 12:53:00 PM GMT+5:30

Every Sunday - 'THE BUBBLE' by Supriya
Every Monday - 'THE OTHER SIDE' by M.Z.Zulfi
Every Tuesday - 'TUESDAY MUSING' By T.Sukesh

Do read and post ur valued comments

Sunday, April 18, 2010 at 1:00:00 PM GMT+5:30

sounds fun!! me wanna come to ur hostel too!!
anyways all the best for ur exams! do well!! =)

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 2:19:00 AM GMT+5:30

nice one supria..>!!!!

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 10:44:00 AM GMT+5:30

thanx!!!!

Monday, April 19, 2010 at 10:05:00 PM GMT+5:30

man i hate summers..... winters much fun..... this one is ok ok.....all da best

Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 3:49:00 AM GMT+5:30
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010 at 3:49:00 AM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment