“The Flipside”  

Posted in

When I was asked to start my own column on the blog, I, the person who asked me to write it and all my friends already knew what my take would be. Well what better could they expect from a feminist like me? So here I bring to you “The Flipside”. Well let me clarify all my readers, before they jump to a conclusion that, this is neither an anti male chauvinist column, nor a mahila morcha andolan , but just my way of looking at the society . I don’t have any plans to instigate any anti social feelings, but I just want to bring you the flipside of the society. A side that we all ignore, a story that is unheard and a reality we all know, yet prefer to let it remain unknown. It’s just my take on the society. I am sure many of you might not agree and fill my comment box with nasty remarks. But that’s what flipside is all about. I won’t simply call it a modern approach to the society, but an approach worth giving a thought, if not physically trying it.

I could never understand the social obligations and boundations. And most importantly I could never figure out why they existed. If we consider that we are all born equal then why men always sought to be physically stronger and dominate us as if they owned us. And finally I was hard at picturing why women became their own worst enemies, when instead they should stick together and consider that as their strength? I was always baffled that if we have the freedom of choice that why can’t we chose our individuality, our identity? We live in a country which has been successfully following democracy for the last 62 years, yet half its population is still illiterate. We talk about education, empowerment, jobs and what not and yet we are a country with a large fraction of its population living below the poverty line.

This column is not about simply following the established practices of the society, not to blindly accept the written rules of the society, but to question their existence, re think over them and welcome a new perspective to life, vision to the world outside.

Today I bring to you the flipside, with an aim to break the line, with a dream to change the perpetually fixed mindsets and a step towards a better, sensible and enlightened tomorrow, in real terms.

This entry was posted on Friday, February 11, 2011 at 12:26 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

3 comments

Anonymous  

m impressed flip girl through your flip side vision of watching the society by not instigating any anti social feelings.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 10:15:00 PM GMT+5:30
Anonymous  

m impressed by flip girl through her flis side vision of watching the society wiout instigating the anti social feelings.

Saturday, February 12, 2011 at 10:16:00 PM GMT+5:30
Syed Aryan  

nice work.....beta

Wednesday, February 16, 2011 at 4:10:00 PM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment