A PATRIOT IS BORN  

Posted in

Tanushri Mukherjee

It was just another day from my daily monotonous schedule, when while gazing lazily outside my window ,my sweet five year old nephew suddenly came up to me seeking my attention to a patriotic rhyme which he desperately was trying to recite. Shedding his usual innocence by unnaturally masking the legendary grace and depth of a patriot, he started, “I love my country and I am proud of its people. By donning the serious refined expressions and by frantically throwing his delicate arms into the air he continued his flow, till I burst into a mighty laughter applauding him with heavy rhythmic claps and loads of chocolates. Indeed a majestic triumph for a small child of his age to come up with such unaccommodating words like-“Fraternity”,”Patiotism”,”Dedication”.

Long after the boy had left with the distinct message that everybody should be a patriot, I was left with a starry silence. My heart was beating with a nagging pain and my mind was getting restless with unending shots of questions being repeatedly pumped into it. Yes, indeed it costs nothing to be a patriot,for its only the feeling which matters-a feeling which has to be first realized and then empowered and nurtured within.All you need is a passion and an inner urge to drive hard for it. People say that the stalwarts of our nationalist movements had a fire within-the fire of patriotism and it was this fire that helped them in leaving an indelible imprint on the pages of history.

But what when the sphere of illusion fades and the actual truth gradually unfolds infront of the eyes,compelling us to encounter the real faces of India. Doesn’t this feeling of nationalism then go weak in the knees and the entire world of resolution and commitment to the country crumble down like a pack of cards?

India has really changed.Rather its changing dramatically over the years,if not for betterment then more for self-destruction.A sinister cloud of corruption,crime, immorality, and dishonesty is lurking on its head,therby plunging it into an abysmal depth of uncertainty,from where there is no return.

A land of rich culture and rock hard values is tragically dying a slow death.With lack of leadership and confused ideology, it indeed is transpiring into a nation of crisis,mismanagement and factional battles, and with coming years it is destined to meet its inglorious end.

Its here that we should reverberate the strings of patriotism, hidden somewhere in some corner of our hearts,thus trying to resurrect the lost empire, called INDIA.
Patiotism in modern times need not involve slogans,violent demonstrations,but it can be emoted by anybody,even a timid soul in his or her own distinctive ways.For me its just doing good to others.If you can bring happiness to others,you are a patriot in your own terms..Really no Investments, no Downpayments,no Emi’s and indeed no tensions.All you need is to manifest your goodness into the “Joy of Giving”.Giving to the despaired,agonized and traumatic souls.The immense joy and exhilaration flushed on their chapped faces will immediately transpire the “PATRIOT” in you.

It was dusk and I was still sitting near my window.But now my racing mind was at peace.An immense pleasure,an inner satisfaction was embracing me for I had indeed found the “Modern Mantra” of Patiotism.I could see the sun going down in the horizon,but for me it was a new Rising-for a PATRIOT IS BORN and its ME…

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 8:33 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

gr8 work...

Friday, December 4, 2009 at 2:21:00 AM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment