Hostel Memories and me  

Posted in

“Birthdays are nature’s way of telling us to eat more cake, and enjoy more”

One of the best memories of my hostel life are those of the birthdays we celebrate here…and I made yet another cherish able memory last Saturday, thanks to my roommates! It was one of my roomies’ birthday and we celebrated it as per the customs. And as we were enjoying every moment of it, my mind kept racing in the future, thinking about what will I remember about  this special day as I grow really old…the way we danced crazily? Or the way the poor birthday girl got her painful birthday bashes? Or the excitement we all had to see her reactions? No, i don’t think I would remember all that (I’m so very sure about my goldfish memory...), but what I shall remember is that I enjoyed my teenage life to the fullest and without any regrets (touchwood!!). And that is how most of us would want to remember our pasts right? (Bubble becomes Aunt Marge again?!!) Ah, well getting back to the hostel memory, birthdays surely have some kind of magic you know, no matter who is turning a  year old, it surely pumps you up a bit (you’d wish even the top floor stranger a happy birthday!). And when it comes to celebrating a birthday in the hostel, the magic increases manifold! The minute the clock strikes 12, the poor birthday boy/girl has to run for cover to escape from the ruthless bumps friends give! And then the chain of wishes from family and friends, dancing funky on typical music, going insane to the limits! Aah, im surely going to miss this frolic when I won’t be a hosteller, along with the plethora of other wonderful things!
There are a many many more things that my mind wants to pen down but somehow words are failing me to do so…that’s how emotions are sometimes! So time to get nostalgic again, and to leave you guys with lots of wishes….Sangathan ‘10 is rolling already  and mid-semesters aren’t far away people!! Adieu!

This entry was posted on Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 11:25 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

sandra  

As i get older i get more and more committed to being happy on my birthday and creating a great experience.!!i talk about it for weeks ahead of time....lol..
birthday celebration in the hostels' has become a tradition now ..and everyone looks forward to it..like i do..;)

Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 11:58:00 PM GMT+5:30

Post a Comment